Mark W Mng

| map-marker Muhlenberg, Pennsylvania

Dissatisfied with service!

This has happened at the Reading PA location, where from day one the staff were rude argumentative focused on getting their money $6,700 up front, said that they were not scheduling out until August 2024, when I provided my paperwork for 2 claims 10-19, and 10-30-2023. Recent calls to their office provided no return calls. Today I retrieved my paperwork from their office that they had in front of them. There were past arguments, rudeness and I called the GEICO Adjuster who said the Ephrata, Office Could take my car in the late part of April.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: The Reading Office needs to be checked if customers are treated disrespectfully, and not serviced.

Adam A Kzy

Verified Reviewer

Mistreatment from manager/terrible work on vehicle repair that took over a year

Good afternoon,

I am reaching out regarding the inadequate repair and mistreatment I received at one of the caliber collision centers here in Midland Tx (1200 N Loop 250 W, Midland, TX 79703) This location had my vehicle for over a year and when they returned it to me it was half done, terrible paint job, missing back seat buckles, missing trim, trim not properly installed, etc. After calling over and over and always being told that someone would reach out to me I just kept getting the cold shoulder until I was finally able to take my vehicle back to be completed.

I received my vehicle recently and was met again with terrible work. I asked to speak to the manager to let him know my dissatisfaction with the work his mechanics had done. I brought up all my concerns and admittedly the conversation became heated as I have been giving them the benefit of the doubt but after over a year my patience had worn thin. The only response I received from the manager was its not my fault parts were on back order.

Im not fixing that. Its not my problem Im not the one who crashed it.

This response caused me to loose my composure and curse at the manager as he was obviously attempting to belittle me for an accident I was not responsible for. After being told lie after lie of them completing the work properly I have had enough and would like this issue to be settled by someone higher who will deliver adequate repairs and not belittle and talk down to customers.

Cons:
  • Customer mistreatment
  • Untimely repairs
  • No communication

Preferred solution: I just want the repairs to be completed and the transaction to be done so I will not have to deal with this company any longer.

User's recommendation: Do not use this location, you will be met with terrible customer service and a extremely long wait period for subpar work

Harrold Pkx

| map-marker Dublin, Georgia

Caliber Collision hasn't fix my truck after 6 months

Caliber Collision hasn't fix my truck after 6 months

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CALIBER COLLISION The facts/time-line..

* On August 7th 2023 a severe storm caused major damage to a large tree in my yard which fell on my 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 truck. Caused dents and scratches on entire right side.

Full disclosure..Clear coat was already peeling on entire truck.

* State Farm Insurance referred me to Caliber Collision which gave me a drop off date of September 11th 2023 at 4:30.

* Note: Adam and I drove this truck to the Outer Banks NC (from Denver NC) from September 5th to 9th. So this was a dependable vehicle.

* On the drop off day service rep Danielle Dillon checked in my truck. She told me that she could probably get the entire truck painted with insurance. Of course I told her that would be great but if not I would pay the difference.

She assured me she would stay in touch.

* Note: At time of drop off I pulled into the first parking spot. That's where it is still sitting. So it's hard to miss!

* I never received any text, emails or calls from Danielle. When I called her there was always a story..Waiting on parts because of auto workers strike..They should be finished in a week...

* I called on Friday, January 26th 2024.

Danielle doesn't work there anymore. They don't know where my truck is and don't have any paperwork for it! About 2 hours later Tom Chaney (store manager) called and left a message apologizing..said he would be in touch. They found my truck keys in the bottom of Danielle's desk.

She never turned in the truck to State Farm or did any paperwork. I called on Monday 29th and left a message. Tom Chaney didn't call back again until February 23rd after my son called Tom's boss Brandon Hawkins.

* I also had to call State Farm because my case had went into some sort of deactivated code. I'm waiting on calls from them.

* Now..Caliber Collision does not want to paint the truck!

They say they can't warranty the paint! I told them I don't care about the warranty. They want me to move it to another shop..not a Caliber Collision. Tom said he wanted it out of his lot.

* This situation has been a HUGH INCONVENIENCE for me!

I have horses and I take my own trash/ recycles to the convenience site.

Now I'm retired and want to work around my house/barn. I need my truck!

If you read this..thank you.

PS..Tom Chaney turned my truck into State Farm Insurance on February 1st 2024..5 months after I dropped it off.

User's recommendation: Do not use Caliber Collision!

map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Poor management style

Caliber Collision - Poor management style
Caliber Collision - Poor management style - Image 2
Caliber Collision - Poor management style - Image 3

My vehicle is in the shop from January 21, 2024 until February 23. I had to bring my vehicle back March 4 got it back on the 15th.

Still having problems with noises out my vehicle the shop broke my armrest. My window was off track and I had to get service done to again. The manager, Heather Tompkins is not a friendly individual, very rude, unprofessional and doesn't care about her customer or her work. The young lady have promised me things my money back my vehicles in the shop for almost 2 months and I'm still not Two months and I'm still not satisfied with the work or the professionalism of the supervisor not acceptable at all.

Had failed to this point to return my refund because I had to put my vehicle back in the shop due to The shop, breaking things in my vehicle, and not report it to me. I will not take my vehicle there again for service poor communication, not friendliness and doesn't value the customers as a customer.

MIRJANA D Aug

| map-marker Darwin, Northern Territory

Damage to interior

Caliber Collision - Damage to interior
Ruined door handle, employee looked at the before photo and agreed that damage was not there before. Went to talk to the manager who came out and tried to convince me that damadge was there, when confronted with photos said that all they did was wipe off dirt that was there . Ordered employee to go in and told me to leave. Extremely unprofessional and rude!

Preferred solution: Damadge fixed

User's recommendation: Avoid that place like a plague!

Guest

Looks like a know BMW Mercedes Volkswagen European issue. They all do that.

That doesn’t just happen.

Anyone can see that damage happened over time. Don’t kid yourself.

Melissa C Gfd

| map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Gecko referred to Caliber collision for estimate

Gecko referred to Caliber collision for estimate
Updated by user Sep 01, 2023

9/1/2023 haven’t received any further communication, had my vehicle for two weeks now without an estimate

Original review Sep 01, 2023
At the recommendation of Geico I took my vehicle to Caliber Collision 8/22 for a post accident collision estimate. Im inclined to disclose an interaction/conversation I had with one of the employees that was extremely offensive and combative (John in Sarasota off Cattleman Rd.

The entire experience is extremely disappointing. The Calibur repair process was explained to me free estimates, step-by-step communication & on-time delivery. Unfortunately, my experience was the polar opposite! 8/22 dropped off Jeep & consulted with John regarding damage and he stated I would be getting a lot of text messages from them updating me througout the entire process.

I have explained that the following day I was supposed to move to Tennessee so its very important to know an ETA as soon as they know, etc. As its possible, I would have to stay elsewhere while my vehicle is being fixed. Also explained if there was time constraints back ordered parts, etc. the sooner I need that information the better as I may need to bring it elsewhere.

He assured me I would know for sure in 24 hours & that usually it takes a couple of weeks.
8/23 @4:30 had not heard from Caliber collision, so I called asking if John was available to update. The gentleman looked in the computer and said dont quote me on this, but it looks like some of your parts arent available until 9/15. Then placed me on hold while he retrieved John I was
on hold for 3-4 minutes and then the call dropped. I called back.

A lady answered told me John was unavailable and that he would call me back. I never received a call.
8/22 @5pm I still have not heard anything from caliber no paperwork, no information whatsoever not even a requisition number. I called and asked for John .
John gets on the phone and immediately starts yelling at me I told you youre going to have to give me some time this is going to take a lot of work. Theres a lot of damage and you need to understand this and you need to be patient.
I said, whoa, whoa hang on a minute, and he continued yelling over me and would not let me interject.

He said you are not letting me finish Im trying to tell you something and you are going to have to be patient and as I already=
told you Im not the one who wrecked his car and this car has so much damage. It needs a lot more than a bumper and possibly rails.
Anyway, he continues to go on and finally I said excuse me, what are you talking about? We have not talked about anything. I have no idea what youre e talking about.

He says oh, really, you dont remember our conversion from this morning. We had a conversation and I explained every bit of This to you and hear you are calling back he continues.
Again I tried to tell him but he was so angry. I finally raised my voice saying we have not spoken and I have no idea what youre talking about. Then pauses and asks me what my phone number was, I told him & he replied oh I guess youre not the one Ive sending texts to & spoke with this morning, somebody put entered the wrong phone number.

He chuckles and says well I need to figure out who I was texting and talking to then chuckles again and continues to say well Ill update your phone number.
Then he proceeds to say there is a lot of damage to the vehicle and waiting on the rails machine to check the damage of the railing system. He acted like nothing had happened & wasnt screaming at me a few seconds prior. He said I need to find out who put the wrong information in and whom Ive been speaking to. I said well can you tell me what information you had and told someone else?

He said parts are on back ordered and probably be done in three weeks. I reiterated my situation and said that it was crucial to know as soon as he had the information because I may need to send it somewhere else. He said he understood, and assured me once again, I would hear from him the next day as the machine should be there to complete. The estimate & should know the exact date, Friday 8/23.
That said, I got off the phone in tears.

Im paying out of pocket for a rental car from the on site enterprise. Its appalling, inhumane and this stressful situation now magnified tenfold.

How am I to trust this company, when I am in tears from the beginning? That said 3 days pass with no communication whatsoever until receiving a text 11/26.
11/26 text good afternoon, the estimate is 98% complete, we are at $11,456.00, i have sent this to geico for review as it is close to the total loss threshold, i will reach out as soon as i have an answer john with caliber
8/31/23 I have not heard anything else at this point

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Stay away, at least from this

Patricia W Oeq

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Friendswood, Texas

Poor customer service

Caliber Collision - Poor customer service

After my car was repaired my passenger door would not open remotely. This was the end of December 2033.

Santos said they would order the parts and fix it. I call 2/6/24 to find out about the parts. Santos will call me right back. No call back Tuesday, Wednesday and I call him back Thursday.

Hes unavailable. I call back and get Bill. Santos advised my parts were in and to make an appt. Appt scheduled for Monday 2/12/24 9am.

At 1:30 I call for update.

Santos at lunch. I call back 2:30 was advised car would be done within hr. I get a ride there and my car is parked out front. Go in get my keys.

My door still doesnt open. They never had the parts!!!

Keep my car all day, lied to me! Now Im waiting for parts that have hopefully been ordered!

Pros:
  • Had my car completely on time
Cons:
  • Being lied to

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Beware!

Marc S Emp

| map-marker Absecon, New Jersey

Terrible Experience - No Quaity Control- No Customer Service

The car took significantly longer to repair -correctly - they told me it was ready - the first time I went to pick it up the car - they did a horrible job - there was a large gap where they tried to reconnect the bumper and pry marks and chipped paint where they removed the bumper. ZERO Quality control.

They were rude on the phone when I called to get updates, first, they told me Ford built the car poorly and it must have always had a big gap and pry marks, and I'd have to live with that. After I told them I had pictures of my car before the accident and it was ridiculous to blame the car manufacturer, they agreed, they'd have to call in a supplemental and re-do the work. Every time I called for an update, they were rude and dismissive and kept complaining about how busy they were with other work, they were understaffed, and they would get to call in the supplemental and re-repair my car when they could get to it - no promises.

I finally got my car back, despite paying 100% of the bill I received 10% service, so stay away from Caliber. - Calling the corporate office gets you nowhere...

User's recommendation: Run like *** from Caliber Collision

Alex S Csb

| map-marker Sunnyvale, California

Poor quality of work and others issues...

Caliber Collision - Poor quality of work and others issues...
During the working process, Caliber fixed a doors scratches, but made an add damages on the car... After complaint by customer, the Caliber team refused the request... Behavior of GM is abusive and disrespectful...

Preferred solution: Request: fix the scratches made by Caliber team...

User's recommendation: Not recommended at all...

Aundre P

Car Repair Issue

Hello my name is Aundre Perkins.

I recently had my car serviced at the Caliber Collision in Cockeysville, Maryland. When I went to go pick up my car after dropping it off for minor repairs, I had noticed my hood was popped open, and there were two (2) long scratches and a small chip all on the rear passenger side of my car.

Additionally, when I went to go start my car, my car wouldnt start. The battery was dead to the point where I needed a jump on the property of the Caliber Collision. The staff member had to assist me in doing so.

I brought it to the attention of the staff via in person the day I went to pick my car up before I left their shop (they were there to witness it and to help me start my vehicle back up) as well as through the customer service survey provided to me.

This is not the first time this has happened at this particular caliber location. During a previous experience , there was an accident where someone had backed into my car ,while my car (the same vehicle as being described) was being repaired for minor scratches at the same Caliber Collisions location.

They took responsibility and fixed it the last time and I expect them to do the same thing this time as well, however, they deny that they know anything thats happened to my car while on their property in their care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

James A Elk

Verified Reviewer

The appraser (Gene) when I arrived we were greeted by a very nice yong lady. I asked to see my appraisal before leaving my car. It was not ready and Gene did not seem concerned at all said it would be

The appraisal was not ready and Gene expected me to leave my car anyway I asked what the problem was and he said it didnt matter as it would change any way I told him I want an idea of cost and he just shrugged. So I left and took my car home If thats the way yall do business keep it and I will bad mouth you every chance I get
Cons:
  • Bad attitude

Preferred solution: Nothing

User's recommendation: Don’t come go elsewhere

Jay757

| map-marker Perry Hall, Maryland

Disappointing Experience at Nottingham Collision Center, 8400 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21236

I recently had my car repaired at Nottingham Collision Center, and unfortunately, it has been a disappointing experience. Over 1.5 months have passed, and my car is still not fixed. Despite multiple inquiries, there has been no progress, and the excuses keep piling up. The lack of communication is frustrating, I'm sharing this review in the hope that it prompts a swift resolution and better communication from Nottingham Collision Center. Customers deserve transparency and timely service, which, unfortunately, I have not received.
Georgia _French-1

| map-marker Paso Robles, California

Complaint

Calibers has had my car since 11/29 I only have one month rental from insurance. I understand getting parts is difficult but on wed 12/20 they received the last package of parts.

I called in 12/22 and they said the car is almost done and with the paint it should be done 12/29. I called on 12/28 to see what time to pick it up and they Said there was a glitch and the new completion date is January 12th. I went there to see the car and it is not done and no one is working on it.

Talked to manager and said he couldn't help with the rental car as now I have none. I understand getting parts is difficult but they have had all the parts done 12/20.

User's recommendation: Call more than once a week or research to find alternative car repairs

Tiffany D Jmv

| map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

They were very helpful

They were very helpful at getting my door fixed. It took no time at all and they had it done and ready to go.

User's recommendation: Would recommend any time

map-marker Hemet, California

Complaint

I was in a Hit and Run accident and my insurance, AAA, company has Caliber Collision as a preferred shop. I went to the shop in Hemet CA to get the repairs done.

I got the car back with flaws in the paint, masking tape in the door jam, a body clip missing and trash from the parts left in the passenger compartment. I took my car in this morning, Jan 2,2024 and pointed out the issues with my car. The receptionist took my key and said less than 30 minutes to fix. When she, the receptionist, brought it back to me there were scratch marks in the paint and the original defect was still partially there.

She then took my key and went back to the paint area and about 5 minutes later brought it back. The scratch marks were gone but the original defect was still in sight and I asked why there was white in the seam of the two body parts and pointed out the defect was still visible. Why was it not correctly fixed in the week+ that your shop had it? Do you not have a quality check after the car is finished?

Then on the day that I took my car back in it took the shop 3 tries and still did not get it correct.

Why should I trust the name Caliber Collision again? At one point in time Caliber Collision was a reputable name.

User's recommendation: Don’t trust them.

Karen N Ljy

Dissatisfied

Took my car for a simple paint job. Just scratched from the car wash. Did an estimate, all was fine. 10 days later I called to check on the progress and they informed me that they were waiting on a new estimate. Said my car was wet when they first looked at it. Total lie, insurance even confirmed. Anyway, simple paint job to total loss. Caliber is more than terrible

User's recommendation: Don’t

Brands Related to Caliber Collision

Caliber Auto Care reviews and complaints

Caliber Auto Care

0 Reviews
Abra Auto Body and Glass reviews and complaints

Abra Auto Body and Glass

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article